Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I WAS JUST THINKING.....

I pray that this update finds you walking in the fullness of His of love, joy and peace. While spending time in prayer for you as my financial and prayer partner’s two passages of scriptures were highlighted. Jeremiah 33:3-Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Song of Solomon 2:14-O my dove, in the cleft of the rock, in the crannies of the cliff, let me hear your voice, for you voice is sweet, and your face is lovely. There is an invitation from the Lord to call to Him. Why? Because He wants to hear your voice and He wants to see your face. I dare to take it further and say that He not only wants to hear you call to Him but He loves it. Yahweh, the One from the beginning, the one who is the soon and coming King, the creator of Heaven and Earth lends His ear to weak and feeble humans. The creator beckoning His creation to come set aside time to ask, seek, and knock. This blows me away and encourages my daily prayer times. And just to take it a step further He hears and then responds and reveals things that we didn't know. WOW! I pray that this encourages you, and stirs you to have a “little talk” with Jesus; your friend, your redeemer, your comforter, your present help in the time of trouble, the Lover of your soul. The last three months I have felt this tension in my heart that made me a bit uncomfortable. I love sitting in the prayer room, singing, and meditating on the beauty of the Lord. But I felt a shift within my heart that I didn't immediately understand. I had this longing to see the body of Christ equipped and mobilized to pray. After much seeking, crying and working through misunderstanding I feel like the vision in my heart has been redefined. When I first moved to Colorado Springs I had just left a season of building the local house of prayer and serving the Body of Christ in Michigan. I dove into building the Lord a resting place but neglected serving His bride. I misunderstood the Lord's wooing for me to serve in a greater capacity. I at first thought that He was calling me away from sitting in the prayer room because I had this strong desire to actually go out and do other things. This may seem strange to some but keep in mind that for the past 3 years I have sat in a room (sometimes empty) and just poured out my love to Him through song and intercession. About six months ago I was at an altar call and as the minister was praying over me she saw me as a Cedar of Lebanon that was rooted and being fed. She then saw the tree with feet and it began to walk around to different places and eventually it became a table (a place of encounter for people). I just jotted this down in my journal and didn't think much of it until recently. I feel that is the season for this word, and I am sure that it will continue to unfold in ways that I can’t see yet. While serving as a Prayer Corps Missionary at Every Home for Christ, and running with a couple of other ministries in the city, I will be joining other places that are stirred to pray by coming along side them and using all that I have learned during my time of just simply sitting at His feet. Hilda and the Girls finished up the school year successfully. Zion Graduated from the 5th grade and the teachers say that because Zaria was at the school so much with Hilda that she graduated also. Hilda served as PTO President, Volunteer Coordinator, and the school rep for District 11's accountability committee. The girls will be missed because of the impact that they had at the school. We are looking forward to what the next season of life will bring. This fall Zion will begin her journey to middle school and in the fall Hilda will be enrolling in school to finish up her degree in music education. We are glad that you are in our lives and we look forward to connecting with you on a more personal level. We appreciate your partnership; we know that we would not be able to be fully given to the work of the Lord without you. Prayer requests: *Please continue to pray for our marriage *Please continue to pray for our daughters *Please continue to pray for our partnership team to grow *Please continue to pray for Colorado Springs (we know God has a good plan for our city)

No comments: