Monday, July 7, 2008

I WAS JUST THINKING...

WHY THE HOUSE OF PRAYER?


The house of prayer saved my life, so to the house of prayer I want to give my life.



A few years ago, I found myself in a state of mind like The Prodigal Son found himself in Luke 15:11-32. I thought that the world had more to offer me than my Heavenly Father. I tried everything the world had to offer, but I still was empty. Finally I found myself sitting in a house of prayer in Ann Arbor, Michigan empty, alone, and confused. As I sat there watching the people in the room encountering God I became jealous. I missed fellowship with the Lord, I missed Him revealing and whispering secrets to me, and I missed Hearing Him sing over me. I continued to come back to the house of prayer week after week, until something began to stir within me. That something was passion, desire, and hope. I began to once again see the benefits of being part of my Fathers house. The word of God says in Romans 14:17 that the kingdom isn't a matter of food and drink, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. The intercessors praying were so full of life. I missed that life (the God kind of living) I knew that I had believed a lie, but I was ready to come back to my place in God.

At the front of the room there was a bowl that was full of prayer requests. I wrote my name, and what I was believing God for on a piece of folded paper and dropped it in the bowl. After a few more weeks I eventually began to talk to God myself. I cried out for forgiveness, and ran back to His embrace. I stepped up to the microphone and prayed publicly for the first time in years, and like a fire hydrant my spirit gushed forth. This started my healing, deliverance, and restoration process. I haven't been the same since.

I feel like me stepping into the house of prayer that day was intervention. Some have to go to rehab, or treatment centers but I ended up in the HOUSE OF PRAYER!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

Ang said...

I always thank God for you Jromeo!